I made the Master Chief model that was featured in the E3 2019 Halo Infinite trailer “Discover Hope”, as well as the July 2020 campaign gameplay demo.
I was responsible for:
- Concepting Master Chief in 3D under the direction of Halo: Infinite AD Nicolas ‘Sparth’ Bouvier.
- Modeling (hipoly, lowpoly, bakes) Master Chief’s techsuit, armor and helmet.
Master Chief’s design for Infinite pulls heavily from Shinji Aramaki’s design for Chief from his short film ‘The Package’ from Halo: Legends (2010). Bungie’s design from Halo 3 was obviously another huge point of reference.
- Kyle Hefley was responsible for all Master Chief texture work.
- Matt Aldridge is Lead Character Artist.
- Daniel Chavez created the concept for Chief’s gloves.
- Liquid Development created Chief’s gloves:
Nick Govaco did the high-poly & Joshua Gregory did low/bakes.